UsableNet Chief Innovation Strategist, Jason Taylor is scheduled to speak on a special Webinar engagement with Nielsen Norman Group (NN/g) on Thursday, March 19 at 1 PM ET.
Taylor will present in a live, 60 minute Webinar on the rise of ADA Website and App litigation and what it means for today’s web designs in a session titled, "How Accessibility Lawsuits are Driving Better Web Design."
With more than 1 billion companies conducting business online today, ADA Website lawsuits have reached a rate of one lawsuit per hour, and early trends into 2020 data shows that number is likely to continue to rise. Jason Taylor, an expert with 20 years of experience in accessibility shares findings about what companies can learn from these lawsuits, reviewing data from claim letters and ADA website lawsuits over the past several years.
Attendees will learn:
- how these lawsuits have led to overall improvements in accessibility and web usability,
- best practices and resources available to improve accessibility, and
- how to integrate a disabilities committee into your design and research practice.
- Defining accessibility versus usability
- Top trends from more than 4,000 web accessibility lawsuits filed in 2018 and 2019
- Types of companies and industries that receive more ADA website lawsuits
- Why some industries receive more lawsuits than others
- Typical remedy requests for ADA Website lawsuit claims
- How to mitigate your risk of receiving a lawsuit
- How to engage and integrate user testing with a disabilities committee
- Practical takeaways to implement now, no matter where you are in your digital accessibility journey
- All registered participants will get a link to the seminar recording within 3 business days of the event.
Interested in hearing the Webinar?
Register here: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/zqkh6lkr/register
Registration fees apply. For FAQ about NN/g Webinars, click here: https://www.nngroup.com/online-seminars-faq/