If you’re new to digital accessibility or WCAG compliance, check out this on-demand webinar on the benefits of creating more inclusive digital experiences for your clients.
- 20% of the US population (more than 60 million people) has permanent disabilities
- The disability community is the fastest growing demographic.
- Plaintiffs with disabilities filed over 3,500 ADA digital accessibility lawsuits in 2020 (Almost 10 per day!)
- Popular “AI powered” widgets and overlays don't make your websites accessible to users with screen readers. Companies who have installed these solutions may face a higher probability of receiving a lawsuit.
1. "No One Has Ever Complained About Our Website Accessibility."
Customer: No one has complained to us about our mobile app or web accessibility.You: That seems strange as 20% of the US population has a disability. Why do you think you’ve never heard about this from any customer?Customer: Probably because our website is accessible.You: Let me ask you this. If a visitor is unable to reach your “Contact Us” page, access the customer service email, or the help desk, how would they tell you about the problems with your website’s accessibility?
2. "We sell flying lessons, paintings, etc. Why does our website or App need to be accessible to the blind?"
Customer: People with disabilities, especially those who are blind, don’t buy what we sell. Why do we need to be accessible?You: That’s a great question. But why would you want to exclude anyone from buying from you?Customer: I don't want to exclude anyone, but blind people don't use our products.You: What if a blind person wanted to buy for their friends, family or children?
3. "We don’t have the budget or resources right now."
Customer: This is on our radar, but we can’t fit it in. We have no budget or internal resources.You: Tell me more about that. Is it that business is down and you’re cutting back on team resources?Customer: No, we’re slammed right now. I don’t think I could put something new on our plate with everything being so busy.
You: That makes sense. If there was a technology you could leverage to save time and resources that also increased your top line, would that be worth taking a look at?
4. "We’ve already got an AI powered accessibility widget/overlay on our website. We’re good."
You: Can you tell me more about that?Customer: Well… AI, it makes all the fixes for accessibility. So, we’re accessible.You: I understand. How are you validating that the tool you’re relying on is actually working like you think it is?Customer: I don’t know.You: Do you mind if we use some of the technology we leverage to test it? It will only take a second and I can do it right now. *Click click* can you see my screen?
What Can agencies do to provide digital accessibility solutions?
Start monetizing, delivering and making digital accessibility easy for your customers, contact us.