The newest data on digital accessibility lawsuits shows that if your agency isn’t offering accessibility in 2021– you may be missing out.
Web accessibility offers an opportunity to grow your revenue while providing significant value for your clients.
How does digital accessibility help the end-user?
Best Practices for Web Accessibility
How do you get started with improving the app experience and web accessibility?
- Start by taking note of the public facing digital channels and content. This includes websites, mobile apps, video, and PDFs. Focus on public facing channels and content.
- A person with visual disabilities should test these channels. Employing a blind user to test content will help you figure out how accessible your content is. Using testers from the disability community will show you where to focus first.
- Remediation is the next step. Create a plan for that includes timeline and the costs. A typical price for a remediation plan is between 15% - 25% of the original build cost.
- Retest the remediation plan. This ensures that the website or app is accessible and verified. It can be helpful to bring in a blind user again at this step.
- Monitoring and documentation will ensure that their website stays accessible. This way, your clients are always moving in the right direction.
Digital Accessibility will help your client’s brand
Digital Accessibility will help you win and keep more clients
Get started now.
To learn more about inclusive design and other web and app accessibility topics, check out our Roadmap to Digital Inclusion.